Levy House  Jacobowsky House  Lamkin House
The Charles Levy house was built in the 1870s by a local merchant, who left the house to his daughter Pauline who married Ira Perlinsky. It was for many years known as the Perlinsky House. Joni & Price Wilkinson, the current owners, who have graciously consented to put their lovely Victorian home on tour for the Sesquicentennial. The Jacobowsky House, located on Peters Street, was built in 1858 by local merchant John D. Jacobowsky, whose store was located near the corner of Robb Street and W. Railroad Ave. The home was purchased by Mrs. Amelia Smith (John) Enos in 1891. For ten years now it has been in the caring hands of Jim and Missy Hancock, who have painstakingly restored it and put it on tour for the Sesquicentennial. One of Summit's oldest homes, the James C. Lamkin place has undergone several changes, the most significant of which is that it was relocated to Summit from Holmesville. It sits on about seventeen acres of land, featuring a pond and pastures for the quarterhorses owned by the current residents, Dr. Dawn & Hiram Sumrall. They have graciously consented to place the home and the grounds on tour for the Sesquicentennial.
Hugh Atkinson House
The Hugh Atkinson Home was built after the Civil War and later occupied by Dewitt Lee, Dr. I.F. Scott, and Hugh Felder. Its current owners, Charleen & Vester Newcomb have lovingly restored the home to its splendor of yesteryear and have cheerfully agreed to host this Sesquicentennial tour. Visitors are in for a real treat on the tour of this vintage home, with its wrap-around, gazebo-style porch.
Salusbury House
Actually the original Salusbury house was destroyed by the tornado of 1924, but the Barnes (later Watkins and then Braddock) house was built on the site of the Salusbury house in the late 1920s. The lovely house and grounds have been restored and updated and will be a treat for visitors to enjoy. Libby & Jose Simo are the current owners of the home and have agreed to host the tour for the Sesquicentennial.
S.M. Covington House
The S.M. Covington house was originally built in the late 1920s by Sam Covington, who had a drugstore in downtown Summit. The home with its lovely wrap-around porch, is filled with period antiques; it has been carefully restored by David and Delores Feldman, the current owners, who have graciously consented to put it on tour for the Sesquicentennial.

TOUR SCHEDULE: Sunday, April 13th 1:30-4:30 p.m. Levy-Jacobowsky-Curtis-Covington; Friday, April 18th 3:30-6:00 p.m. Atkinson-Lamkin-Salusbury-Jacobowsky

For Info Contact Home Tour Chair: Kathleen Harbour, 601-276-2357; Cell - 601-248-6122

POWERED BY HOST4U2 HOSTING